9 DAYS Scheduled Bulgaria tour – from Sofia
CLASSICAL TOUR OF BULGARIA
Sofia, Bulgarian capital | Rila monastery – UNESCO site | Plovdiv | Bachkovo monastery | Kazanlak | Tryavna
Veliko Turnovo – the former capital of Bulgaria | Arbanassi village | Madara site | Rock churches in Ivanovo
! GUARANTEED DEPARTURES !
We operate this tour as scheduled even with only two persons booked
DAY 01: Sofia
Arrival in Sofia – the capital of Bulgaria. Accommodation and overnight in Sofia.
DAY 2: Sofia – Rila monastery – Sofia
Departure to the Rila Monastery/10th c/, UNESCO World Heritage site, the largest and the most impressive Bulgarian monastery. Tour of the monastery complex, church and museum with its lavish collection of precious old manuscripts, icons, jewelery, masterpieces of woodcarving, ethnographic exhibition of fabrics and carpets.
Back to Sofia. Overnight in Sofia.
DAY 3: Sofia – Plovdiv
Sightseeing tour of Sofia a city with 7000 years long history, concentrating numerous cultural and historic monuments from different periods. Visits of the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the St. George Rotunda from the 4th century, the St.Sofia Basilica, the Ruins of the ancient city Serdica. Continue to Plovdiv the second largest Bulgarian city.
Overnight in Plovdiv.
DAY 4: Plovdiv and Bachkovo monastery
Plovdiv is one of the most ancient cities in Europe and in the world. Sightseeing of the Old town of Plovdiv with National Revival architecture and excavations from Roman times. Visit of the ancient Roman theatre with impressive marble statues, decorative columns and arcades. Excursion to the Bachkovo Monastery /11th century/ – one of the richest galleries of traditional Bulgarian religious art with exquisite murals and medieval icons. Back to Plovdiv.
Overnight in Plovdiv.
DAY 5: Plovdiv – Kazanlak – Tryavna – Veliko Tarnovo
Departure for Kazanlak, the capital of the famous Valley of Roses. Visit the Kazanlak Historical Museum to see the Thracian golden treasures. Continue with one of the UNESCO’s sites the Thracian Tomb dating back from the 4th century B.C. Visit the replica of the Thracian Tomb. Departure to the town of Tryavna. Walking tour of Tryavna, where vaulted stone bridges, houses, churches and the square with a clock tower preserve the spirit and talent of the artists from Tryavna School of Art from the 17th century. Visit the Woodcarving Museum. Continue to Veliko Tarnovo.
Overnight in Veliko Tarnovo.
DAY 6: Veliko Tarnovo – Arbanassi
Sightseeing tour of Veliko Turnovo, including a walk on Samovodska Charshiya traditional arts and crafts street and visit to Tsarevets hill – an impressive sight with medieval fortifications and dramatic architecture. Departure to the museum town of Arbanassi boasting a genuine gallery of religious art in its Church of Nativity. Visit Konstantsalieva house fine example of 17th century house of a wealthy merchant. Overnight in Veliko Tarnovo.
DAY 7: Veliko Tarnovo – Madara – Sveshtari – Russe
Departure to Madara. Visit the Madara Rider included in the UNESCO List of World Cultural Heritage. It is an unique relief carved into a 100m high cliff and represents a figure of a knight over a lion. Tour continues to Sveshtari to visit the Sveshtari Thracian Tomb, an UNESCO monument. The unique architectural décor of the tomb includes 10 female figures carved in the walls and painted murals. Arrival in Ruse and walking tour in the city center.
Overnight in Russe.
DAY 8: Russe – Ivanovo – Sofia
Departure to Ivanovo. The Ivanovo medieval rock churches are unique monuments, UNESCO World Cultural Heritage site. They consist of churches, chapels and monastic cells, hewn into the craggy gorge of the Russenski Lom River. Visit of the main church. Back to Russe. Time at leisure. In the afternoon departure to Sofia.
Overnight in Sofia.
DAY 9: Departure
Transfer to the airport for departure flight.
End of the tour
– Flight tickets – Arrival to / Departures from Sofia are not included in the price.
– Similar to this tour is offered as Private tour, with flexible departure dates and possibility for Tailor made itinerary.
– “Early booking” discount of 10% apply for all reservations made and paid at least 9 months before departure date. Discounts for Children and 3rd person in DBL apply on request.
– All above mentioned basic prices includes commission for tour operators and travel agents only.
– Please read carefully our Terms & Conditions for Tours with Scheduled Departure dates.
– For more information contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour code: 1933
Duration: 9 days
Departure time: upon arrival
Sofia international airport
What is included:
– Transportation with private car
(for 2-3 pax) or airconditioned van,
minibus or coach according the itinerary;
– 8 nights accommodation in 3* hotels,
including hotel taxes and service charges;
– Full board meals – 8 breakfast + 7 lunches +
7 dinners throughout the program
+ dinner on the day of arrival;
– Services of an English speaking guide throughout (for parties of 2-3 pax
the guide will also drive);
– All entrance fees to museums, monasteries
and sites included in the program ;
– All local taxes;
– Supplement for accommodation in Single room – 180 EUR
(have to be required and booked in advance).
– Visits, meals and entrance fees suggested as “optional”;
– Specialized local guides in any town or sight, (if required by client)
– drinks, mini bar, porterage and tips, entry visas are not included in tour price