11 DAYS Scheduled tour from Sofia till Athens
BULGARIA – MACEDONIA – KOSOVO – ALBANIA – GREECE
Bulgaria: Sofia | Rila monastery | Macedonia: Skopje | Tikvesh wine region | Bitola | Ohrid and Ohrid lake
Kosovo: Grachanica monastery | Prizren | Pristina | Albania: Tirana | Durres | Saranda | Butrinti ancient site
Greece: Ioanina | Metsovo | Meteora Monasteries | Delfoi | Athens
! GUARANTEED DEPARTURES !
We operate this tour as scheduled even with only two persons booked
Pre tour arrival in Sofia on your own. Hotel accommodation and transfers are not included in package price
Pre tour services in Sofia (private transfers, accommodation, local guide…) Could be offered on request.
DAY 1: Rila monastery and welcome to Macedonia
Pick up from Sofia and departure towards one of the most famous monasteries in Bulgaria – Rila monastery, UNESCO World Heritage Site. Visit to the monastery and afternoon drive towards Macedonian border. Upon arrival in Skopje, accommodation at hotel Ibis Skopje center 4* or similar.
DAY 2: Skopje
Full day Skopje city tour with local guide. Walking in the city center and Skopje old bazaar, visit to Mother Teresa Memorial house (inside). Afternoon visit to Matka valley and lake and possibility to have a boat ride to the entrance of cave Vrelo, one of the deepest underwater caves in Europe. Back to Skopje and evening at leisure.
Overnight in Skopje, hotel Ibis Skopje center 4* or similar.
DAY 3: Tour to Kosovo
Full tour to Kosovo, the youngest European country, with local guide. Visit to Grachanica monastery (inside) site protected by UNESCO. Coffee break at the capital Pristina and afternoon drive and visit to the picturesque town of Prizren. Back to Skopje in the evening. Overnight in Skopje, hotel Ibis Skopje center 4* or similar.
DAY 4: Central Macedonia and Tikvesh wine region
Morning visit to Vodno mountain near Skopje and the Millenium cross with cable car (fee included). Afternoon drive towards the most famous Macedonian wine region – Tikvesh. Possibility to have dinner and wine tasting at the local winery. O/N in Tikvesh wine region.
DAY 5: Bitola, Prespa lake and Galichica NP
After breakfast drive towards Bitola, the second biggest town in Macedonia. Walk in the city center and visit to Heraclea Lynkestis ancient site (inside). Passing by Prespa lake and drive across Galichica NP, with spectacular views of both Prespa and Ohrid lakes. Evening at leisure in Ohrid. Overnight at hotel Aqualina 4* or similar.
DAY 6: Ohrid and Ohrid lake
Ohrid walking tour in a morning and visit to the most important Ohrid sites – The Ohrid fortress (inside) the Holly area of Plaosnik with new St Klement’s church (inside) the small church of St John in Kaneo (outside) and the cathedral church of St Sofia (inside). Afternoon at leisure. Overnight at hotel Aqualina 4* or similar.
DAY 7: St. Naum and welcome to Albania
Morning drive to the south part of Ohrid lake and St Naum monastery. Visit the monastery (inside) possibility to have a boat ride on the lake, above the springs of Black Drim river. Border crossing to Albania and drive along Ohrid lake from Albanian side. Arrival in Tirana in the afternoon. O/N in hotel Mondial 4* or similar.
DAY 8: Tirana and Albanian coastline
Morning guided Tirana city tour. Drive towards the biggest Albanian port Durres, with lunch break there. Afternoon drive towards south Albania, passing Llogara NP and along the picturesque Albanian coastline, with spectacular panoramic views of Ionian sea. Arrival to the coastal city of Saranda O/N in Saranda, hotel Grand 4* or similar.
DAY 9: Welcome to Greece
Morning visit to Butrinti ancient site (private guided tour). Crossing the border to Greece and drive towards Ioanina. Afternoon at leisure, we recommend a boat ride to the Ioanina lake island or simply to explore the old town of Ioanina and Ali Pasha fortress. O/N in Ioanina, hotel Politia 4* or similar.
DAY 10: Greek mountains
After breakfast drive and visit to the picturesque village of Metsovo with coffee break. Later on drive towards Kalambaka, near Meteora monasteries. Afternoon visit to two Meteora monasteries (inside).
O/N in Kalambaka, hotel Famissi Eden 4* or similar.
DAY 11: South part of Greece
Morning departure to south part of Greece and Delfoi ancient site. Individual visit to the museum and the site. Afternoon drive towards Athens (hotel, port…)
End of the tour.
– Pre or post tour accommodation could be offered on request
– Similar to this tour is offered as Private tour, with flexible departure dates and possibility for Tailor made itinerary.
– “Early booking” discount of 10% apply for all reservations made and paid at least 9 months before departure date. Discounts for Children and 3rd person in DBL apply on request.
– All above mentioned basic prices includes commission for tour operators and travel agents only.
– Please read carefully our Terms & Conditions for Tours with Scheduled Departure dates.
– For more information contact us on email@example.com.
Tour code: 1929
Duration: 11 days
Departure time: 09:00
will be set for each departure separately
What is included:
– Transportation with air conditioned vehicle according the itinerary;
– 10 nights accommodation in 4* hotels, including hotel taxes and service charges;
– Daily breakfast;
– Services of an English speaking driver and local host for the whole tour;
– Guided tours at Skopje, full day to Kosovo, Ohrid, Tirana and Butrinti;
– Inside visits as described in the itinerary, excluding admission charges;
– “Visit Macedonia” organization.
– Supplement for accommodation in Single room – 285 EUR
(have to be required and booked in advance).
– Visits, meals and entrance fees suggested as “optional”;
– Specialized local guides in any town or sight, (if required by client)
– drinks, mini bar, porterage and tips, entry visas are not included in tour price.